CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trainer Days

For about 8 months now I have been trying to lose weight. It has been a complicated thing for me because I have been nursing Peter and the doctor has instructed me to keep my calorie intake high. Finding the right balance has been tough. When I got pregnant I was told to increase my cals by 300, and I thought right (because I know how many cals I eat). It was assumed that I knew how many I was eating already. So I thought ok I'll just eat more. Before I got pregnant I was probably consuming 2300-3000 (I have since found out that I only need 1600-2400 to maintane) cals a day. So during pregnancy I probably was around 2500 consistantly. By the time 9 months was up, (right before Peter was born) I had gained almost 50 lbs. Now if that were all losing the last 15 lbs wouldn't be so bad (which I have been trying to do since Dec), but before I got pregnant I had gained 40 lbs. Any time you have gained over 50 lbs there is no way you are going to be healthy. In March 6 months after Peter was born I was really sick of having no success, espically since I had gained 7 lbs on our trip to Vegas. I had reached the I'll do anything stage. Brian could see that I was continualy getting more and more desprate so he offered to give me his personal training sessons that he received as a Christmas present. And I found out that I could see a dietitian for only my co-pay, with my ins. I started going to the gym and learning how to eat right. Which I fould out that I didn't really know how to do. So far I have lost almost 10 lbs an average of one pound per week. It has been really slow, but I am doing it. At this rate I'll be there in a year. Now I have come to the end of my trainer sessons. It is time to fly out of the nest. And try to do this. I have learned some key things tough: 1) It is a healthy habit to keep a food diary and know exactly what you are eating 2) It takes an excess or deficite of 3500 cals to gain or lose 1 lb. 3) Fruits and vetables are good. 4) Fiber is good too. 5) You have more energy when you excersise.

1 comments:

melissa said...

I'm proud of you for working so hard & not giving up. I know you can do it, my dear friend :)